What is Ilex Skin Protectant?
iLEX Skin Protectant is a topical skin barrier designed to protect the skin from harmful irritants such as urine, faeces and bacteria. Ilex is an established and proven skin treatment that has been used successfully over many years by individuals, families and healthcare professionals.
iLEX is formulated to be gentle to the skin whilst creating an environment that helps the healing process. Here are some of the reasons why it is so effective:
- It forms an occlusive barrier or complete seal over sore skin, repelling harmful fluids and bacteria.
- It contains no alcohol or latex and is safe and gentle to all skin types from babies to the elderly.
- It can be used on both intact and injured skin.
- It can be used in conjunction with prescribed topical steroids and antibiotics to help fight infection.
- It can adhere to moist weeping tissue.
- iLEX has a proven 0.00cm/hour penetration rate.
iLEX can be used to treat a range of skin disorders:
- Mild to severe Diaper rash
- Dermal and superficial wounds
- Mild to severe skin irritations such as eczema and severe acne
- Minor Burns
- Skin irritation & breakdown caused by urinary & faecal incontinence
- Ostomy site excoriation
- G-tube irritations
- Pressure Sores
- Ileo anal pouch & hirshprung’s for protection in perinatal region